refund pending

ruthybaby08
Contributor
Contributor

please someone help me, i order the new poltergeist 3D as a gift for m husband on eba. sadly the uk (my home country) didnt stock it so i have had to order it on line abroud and a seller from Austrailia had several copies available. so with out hesitation i ordered a copy. in 24hrs i got a private message saying that they no longer had this in stock and had to cancel my order. i paid with my paypal account and for the past three days the refund is pending. is there something wrong as i was under the understanding my refund would be complete in 24 hrs. i have sinces looked at the sellers account who is still selling the dvd i was after at a slightly higher price and has many feed back with similar incidents reported and now feeling nervous that i have been cond.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ruthybaby08

When you send a bank funded Instant Transfer payment, two things happen simultaneously:

- PayPal sends a request to your bank for the funds for the transaction. It takes 3-7 business days for funds to come from your bank.

- PayPal pays the seller up front for you, instantly, so that the seller will not delay in processing your order.

When refund or cancellation occurs for that payment within a few hours or days of it being sent, the funds that PayPal paid up front for you are returned.

However, the funds from your bank account are still in transit. They haven't reached your PayPal account yet.

As soon as those funds clear, they are available for you to use or withdraw.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ruthybaby08

Pending or on temporary hold?

How did you fund your paypal payment to the seller?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ruthybaby08
Contributor
Contributor

it says pending. and m papal is linked to my bank and debit card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ruthybaby08

Yes but i didn't actually ask what you had linked to your paypal account, i asked what you used to FUND the paypal payment that was refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ruthybaby08
Contributor
Contributor

I am sorr i dont understand what you mean, i am not the seller i am the buyer i have paid for the item, the seller cancelled and i am still out of pocket and my pay pal account is saying pending for the refund for the past 3 days.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ruthybaby08

I know you are the buyer.

I know you paid with paypal.

But how did you fund your paypal payment???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ruthybaby08
Contributor
Contributor

it came directly from my bank account

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ruthybaby08

When you send a bank funded Instant Transfer payment, two things happen simultaneously:

- PayPal sends a request to your bank for the funds for the transaction. It takes 3-7 business days for funds to come from your bank.

- PayPal pays the seller up front for you, instantly, so that the seller will not delay in processing your order.

When refund or cancellation occurs for that payment within a few hours or days of it being sent, the funds that PayPal paid up front for you are returned.

However, the funds from your bank account are still in transit. They haven't reached your PayPal account yet.

As soon as those funds clear, they are available for you to use or withdraw.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ruthybaby08
Contributor
Contributor

thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.