"Pending"

I recently sold an item on eBay and had the payment sent too my PayPal. I was promptly emailed by PayPal stating the sum was pending into my account until PayPal and eBay received the Postage details. Fair enough, so having now sent the item I pass the tracking number too both eBay and PayPal via email and was told all is well, it can take up too 6 hours to clear into my PayPal account. It's been 26 hours now. I emailed PayPal 7 hours after receiving the first email stating my concern at the length of time it's taken too arrive in my account. PayPal emailed back reassuring me the money is there, they've just been having some technical difficulties in which they're working too fix. That was at 05:33 am GMT and it is now... 18:22 GMT I have since sent another email and have heard nothing back. Have tried calling PayPal and am getting no ansers. Have I been scammed and PayPal are hiding that fact? I've done everything PayPal have stated I MUST do and now it's almost like my payment for postage and the items, are a freebie too someone out there. My email address is the same for both eBay and PayPal so that's not of concern. There is no "Pending" monies into my PayPal account either.

Any help or reassurance would be greatly appreciated for a first time seller on eBay

Thank you

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is the money actually SHOWING in your paypal account but showing as pending?

Or is it not showing at all??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

not showing at all

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Then you have probably been scammed read this and see if any of it fits >>>

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Eurgh I don't believe it, my first online sale and I've been scammed. Lovely stuff. Out of curiosity if I contacted Royal Mail would they return the goods I've sent? And would there be a further charge for that service?

I've spoken over the phone with PayPal aswell now, he's told me what too watch out for in future. Looking back, How stupid of me too think it was ever a good idea.

Thank you for your help thus far

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact RM, if it has not left the country there is a possibility they could get it back for you but the odds are low.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.