"Paypal Payment Pending" on Ebay is says this?? Help!

Marc_Sav
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i am selling some stuff on ebay but when i receive the payment it says "Paypal Payment Pending". Please tell me the reason as i am not recieving my money.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Marc_Sav
Contributor
Contributor

no its noot. Thankk you so much mate 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Can you add that email addy to your paypal account, as you can have up to 8 on the one account.

If not then you need to contact your buyers and ask them to see what it says in there paypal accounts either:

1. Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
1. Then ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source if they funded their original payment with a debit or credit card. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen.
2. If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying if it remains unclaimed. You will need to sort out between you if you want to still go ahead with the sale or cancel it.
3. If its completed then come back for more advice.

Then next time you list an item for sale change the email addy during the listing process and check everytime.

Also to help you sort things with your buyers you can pull their contact info if its an ebay transaction. Go to advanced search top of ebay pages > contact member left column > fill in the details and ebay will send you an email with their telephone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

samardala
Contributor
Contributor

till when you will think im new ebay seller ????? how many sells and you will stop holding my monye ?

Login to Me Too

walsh1993
New Community Member

HELP!!!!!! It says payment pending on ebay and will not let any money go through to my paypal account. I have confirmed the email address. I was able to receive one payment but could only do this by going onto paypal and sending an email to that person to request the money they owed. I do not have the other buyers email address' so cannot do this. Please help 😞

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Read the post with the green tick above you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gburge78

Hi. I am having the same problem.

I have pending payments which were from the first items I sold, but other items I sold came through straight away.

It has been 21days today and thought they would be cleared by now.

I have checked to see that my email address is correct, which it is.

The only thing I can think is that someone opened a case against me and she said theitem I sold wasnt genuine -but it was. That case has now closed and PayPal refunded her money, and I have returned that payment back to Paypal.

I did not get any feedback from that buyer, but did however off the other 2buyers, whose payments are still pending. But did not get feedback from the 2 buyers which i have cleared payments from??

confused

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

IF YOU ARE A NEW SELLER THEN YOU ARE SUBJECT TO THE 21 DAY PAYMENT HOLD.

Why your payments are held.

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
• You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 as a seller and have not yet established a record of good performance
• You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
• You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
• You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
• You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
• You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

How can I get the payments released before 21 days.

1. If your buyer leaves feedback (pos) then funds are normally released within 48 hours of that feedback being left.
2. If you decide to send an item trackable then you can add the tracking number to the details of the paypal transaction and funds are then released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.

What if I have met the criteria for release and the funds are still held.

The release of payments is not automatic before 21 days, so you need to email or phone paypal via "contact us" bottom of paypal pages with the transaction i.d's of the payments involved. State how you met the criteria for release of funds before 21 days eg feedback or a tracking number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.