positive feedback recieved, when can i use my money?

itsleady
Contributor
Contributor
So u uploaded the tracking info instantly, the seller has recieved the item and provided positive feedback so when do i get my money? Its my sons birthday party today n that money was meant for today. Bit of a joke this 21 days idea tbh.
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The new seller hold is not a joke and every single ebay seller has been through it or going through it.

As its for buyer protection most understand as it weeds out poor sellers.

Feedback does not count for payment release. All in the link >>>

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

itsleady
Contributor
Contributor
That still doesnt say when i get my money. I have paid for the ad, paid for the postage, and sent the item which the buyer is happy with. Yet i still have nothing for it, yes it is a joke. So when will it be released? This is my first and last time using paypal when selling. I understand the hold however if a buyer is happy then there is no longer a reason to hold on to the money. So maybe an answer as to when ill actually get my money cos right now i have my first happy customer and im still out of pocket.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

bye then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

itsleady
Contributor
Contributor
Wow great service from paypal, hold our money with no good reason, dont actually answer my questipns and basically couldnt give a crap about the people who keep this business going. Good job. So ill ask a 3rd time when will i get my money? Its been 6 daus since i added the tracking number and the buyer is happy. I will be showing a screenshot of your professional attitude, disgraceful person.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Look do you know what this forum is?????

Its a USER TO USER help forum.

I took the time out from trying to watch Ireland v Scotland to reply to your post.

I have told you what the hold is for.

I have provided the link for more information.

I do not work for paypal, I am just an ebay seller that helps out here.

I DO NOT know when you sold your item.

I DO NOT know when you posted a tracking number.

I DO NOT know when it was 3 days from when your item arrived.

I gave you all the help that I could and got abuse for my troubles.

I am on a day off from work and do not need rude people when i try and help them.

Read my title and look up what the word VOLUNTEER means.

Good bye.   

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

itsleady
Contributor
Contributor
I apologise for being an **bleep** however u nevet actually answered my question and all it states in that link is to ensure i provide a tracking number. Nowhere does it give a time frame except for the 21days. So yes i appreciaye u taking the time out ya day off. However you never actually provided an answer to my actual question. So i provided the tracking number on monday, the parcel was signed for yesterday and feedback was given this morning. Does that help give me an estimation on when i get my money. Like i say i had my sons party today, ive been out of pocket all week paying postage costs and the ad costs, and as a result of this policy have had to borrow the money for today so im sure u can understand my frustration. The money is mine, i have paid and sent my iyems to earn this money however paypal wont let me have it. Its a joke and seems many many othera agree.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

states in that link is to ensure i provide a tracking number. Nowhere does it give a time frame except for the 21days

YES IT DOES, you didn't scroll down the page.

Read it again and it gives you all the timings for release further down the page, otherwise i would not have posted it for you.

Come back if you can't find it and i will copy and paste it ( in between watching England win..........LOL).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

esxboi
Contributor
Contributor

WOW you really are a rude little man! she didn't ask YOU for help specifically, you chose to reply to her question.. and then you start berating her because she  what? didn't bow down to your vast knowledge of all things paypal? all i can see as a rude arrogant little person speaking to a women like dirt who only asked a simple question.. and who cares if your missing your game, that was your choice din low no one else's and definitely not hers, if the game was that important you would of watched it and then replied to her after it finished! And for the record the seller hold is a joke there's absolutely NO protection for the seller against the equally as many scrupulous buyers out there..

the aswer to your question is simple and with out the need to

a) show off..

b) be rude..

Meeting a buyer’s expectation for prompt delivery of goods is an important factor in providing a great customer experience and this applies to sales made on eBay as with any other online retailer. Payment holds are used to encourage new sellers to meet buyer expectations. This in turn helps to build buyer trust in the eBay marketplace and will encourage customers to return.

Based on your history as an eBay seller, payments may be temporarily held in a pending balance. There are a number of ways to gain access to these funds, such as using a secure, trackable method to deliver the goods and building up a good seller history.

Your item sells on eBay
The Buyer pays you via PayPal
The money is in your PayPal account’s pending balance.
You ship the item to the Buyer.
The buyer gets their order and has some time to review it.
Funds are available in 21 days or sooner, as long as your buyer doesn’t report an issue.

Why are my funds being held?

PayPal payment holds are typically placed on accounts that do not meet all of the following criteria:

• 90 days have passed since the first successful eBay sale.
  • More than 25 received payments have been completed on the site.
  • More than £165 has been generated in total sales.
  • If the account had been suspended previously and has been reinstated more than 90 days ago
  • The seller status on the account is Standard or above

Without any holds on the account, buyers’ payments will be available almost immediately.

When am I likely to receive my funds?

Typically you will get access to your funds within 21 days, and possibly even sooner:

• If print shipping labels through eBay or PayPal or use another carrier who provides tracking information and manually enter shipment tracking information on eBay funds will be available three days after the latest estimated delivery date.
  • If you mark the item as dispatched but don’t upload tracking information, funds should be available seven days after your latest estimated delivery date.
  • If you don’t provide tracking information or mark the item as dispatched, funds will be available in 21 days.

How can I get immediate access to payments?

It is possible to get PayPal payment holds removed from your account and get paid immediately you just need to meet the criteria outlined above and establish good selling practices.

I hope this helps, and please ignore the @$*% who thinks helping some one means belittling them first! and please have a nice day 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your rude post is a bit late, the op and i have already sorted things out.

When you get kudos for helping just one person then you may "just" have the right to query my replies, until then i suggest you read the whole thread for which you posted a reply WAY to late as this thread was in MARCH OVER 2 MONTHS AGO AND I HAD ALREADY PROVIDED THE INFO YOU BELATEDLY HAVE POSTED.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.