please help

xain
Contributor
Contributor
Urgent!! Please help I am selling my mobile phone on ebay and got an email saying to reply him on his email and not through ebay as he his busy in his work. He tells me to send a request of payment through paypal and he will pay the postage. It all happens yesterday. Today I receive an email saying he is transfering the money in my account and I should send the parcel asap to NIGERIA to his best friend and write on parcel "from your best friend". He has given an address in nigeria. When I read nigeria I knew something was wrong. I haven't done anything or replied to him yet. Please te me what to do. How to get out of this transaction as Im really scared, don't want him to blackmail or threat me.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xain
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks alot dear! I was really worried. But tell me what if I get the payment in my paypal account??? Also should I cancel the payment request already sent on paypal?? Yes i got fake emails that came in my SPAM folder saying its from him and he has paid blah blah...my normal emails from paypal comes to my usual inbox, not into SPAM folder.lol Thanks alot for ur time and help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You won't get a payment in your paypal account ....that is why they have sent you fake emails so that you "think" you have been paid.

You can cancel the payment request if you want to cus he won't pay it anyway.

If he contacts you again just state that he has not paid until you have seen CLEARED funds in your paypal account balance...........that won't happen and you won't hear from him again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xain
Contributor
Contributor
Okay!! Thanks alot!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.