pending funds

reloved
New Community Member

I sold an item and the buyer said he was away on holiday and would pay me in a weeks time....i sent him a message saying can't you pay with paypal from where you are.  He replied that his mother would pay via her credit card.  I found no trace of payment in paypal but found it in my email.  I confirmed my email address, opened paypal and it shows a payment was made by cc with a charge to me. It said pending. Payment due 15 July.  Underneath was the same transaction with a - sign next to number.  Does this mean that buyer has retracted payment.  I have never experienced this before and i know there are a lot of scams as i googled my problem.

I rang paypal this morning and requested a call but have yet to receive.  Don't know what to do. If anybody can help please 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As a seller you always pay a fee per transaction however the buyer funded their paypal payment.

If you are a new ebay seller then the new seller hold applies as per the link below.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.