paypal fees

elliotgsd
New Community Member

I have just sold an item on ebay, the seller has paid me via paypal £20, BUT I only have £19.12 in my a/c - when I have looked into it paypal says 88p for fees.....for what I may ask? It isn't for ebay fees, I pay these through a separate account each month. So are paypal now charging me for letting a seller pay me thhrough ebay? If so this is the first time in 12 years I have been charged, usually if I sell an item for £20 - I recieve £20 in my a/c - can anyone shed any light on this please?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@elliotgsd

If you are selling items you pay a paypal fee.

If you have not been paying fees then your buyers must have been paying via the friends / family option. But if you have been doing that its against paypal rules and you risk your account being limited.

Paypal and Ebay are separate companies.

You pay Ebay to advertise and sell your item.

You pay Paypal to be able to accept instant payments from buyers including from credit cards.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hello elliotgsd,

Welcome to our Community!

You have received the correct information from @kernowlass. Our fee structure is not something new and has been around even when we were part of eBay. You will find more information here  https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.