payments hold, no item, no money

miciulinka
Contributor
Contributor

I was selling item  on ebay
 potencial buyer contact with me by phone, and ask few questions about items, I gave him details, he ask that can pick up phone from my house because is near... I said that ok... he ask that I want do this transaction without ebay and paypal... I said: no, safer for me will be with paypal and ebay. he said ok no problem, he told that when he buy item and transfer money, he contact with me again, after 2 hours he call me again, said that everything is done and payment should be on my paypal account... I check everything, item was buy, money was on my account, transaction are completed, and next was writing that now i can post the item... so he said that in 40 min he will be to pick up the phone from my house... he came and I gave him item... On next day I receive message from ebay that owner account from somebody buy my phone, said that he never do this transaction... ebay write that they think that propably somebody use this account and i shouldnt post the item 😕 paypal hold my money in air, and tomorrow they close the case and will refund buyer... So Im without the item and without the money... I contact with the paypal they told me that im without seller protected because I didnt use a post, only gave item straight to person and they didnt refund me, they said also that ebay is responsibility to refund me ... when I contact with ebay, all the time they said that its paypal hold my money and I should contact with them... when i try explain that is not fair, every company now send me between , person with who i speaking gave me the same answer for all my questions then insolently finish my chat (today) I was 2 time on police station, nobody dont want take even my details, last time one nice old policeman gave me advert about this site and told that i should report all this situation... You know situation is inasmuch ridiculous...that ebay is a big corpo with many sales protection , they gave for the sellers option, to sale without posting the item just collect from a person, so why now Im without the protect? paypal dont protect person like me, because i didnt use a post, but ebay use paypal to make a payment for all transaction and offer collected options ? Its not make sense... Nobody dont want refund me I lost £620, In my opinion ebay allows to make a fraud in this way. they know that if they will be send me between I lost my time and patience and I give up. Its not legal... its not fair... If everybody can do like that with them... buy something, pay by paypal, collect from person and on next day said to ebay ohhh i dont do this its somebody, and ebay straight away cancel the order, paypal hold money and after 7 days refund the buer... this two company also made a fraud and crime in my opinion... Its XXI age... ebay has a separate login site and paypal, two password two break, and sometimes third from bank authorisation, and they belive straight away that somebody use buyer acciunt... what about checkin Ip computer,... nobody dont do nothing because is just £620? for me is many... its just my situation, but how many per day this person can do? 5, 6 ? ohhh and they dont care... its suspected... what can I do, how I can get back my money? 😞  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why would you think that accepting paypal for an item that was to be collected was safer than the buyer giving you CASH IN HAND ????

There is no paypal seller protection for items that are collected and that is why ebay allow you to put cash on collection on that type of transaction / auction.

It clearly states on both ebay and paypal sites that there is no seller protection for items that are collected.

You should have read up on seller protection BEFORE you started listing items for sale.    Smiley Sad

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.