my funds are on hold

drasetka
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

Quick question. I have received email from paypal after I sold some item on ebay:

'You have received a payment that we believe may not have been authorised by
the PayPal account holder. Here are the details of the transaction we are
investigating. We recommend that you don’t send the item until our investigation is
complete. If you’ve already sent the item, please log in to your PayPal
account and go to the Resolution Centre to provide the dispatch details.
In order to continue our investigation, we need some additional information
from you.
Please provide this information within 7 days.
This payment will remain on hold and unavailable to you until we complete
our investigation. We will email you when we complete our investigation.'

When I looking on Resolution Centre on my Paypal account the option what I have are:

I can provide proof that the item was posted through an approved postal service to the address on the Transaction Details page.
What information can you provide?
I can provide online tracking information for delivery through an approved postal service to the address on the Transaction Details page.
I can upload or fax proof that the item was posted through an approved postal service to the address on the Transaction Details page.

So I'm a bit confused. Why my funds been blocked? Should I send an item to buyer or not? (on email Paypal saying to not sent an item and on Resolution Center is asking to provide tracking number)? Why I have problem with this transaction? I never have this kind of issues before. I don't want to sent an item to buyer then find out I'm struggling to ublock my funds...

Any help please?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi drasetka,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you have not posted the item when you receive this message I recommend not posting until we provide you with more information on what is happening with the money. What this indicates is that the person who paid you reported that they did not authorise the transaction or that we suspect this to be the case.

We ask you to provide tracking information so show delivery of the item so we can we cover you under our Seller Protection but if you have not shipped the item it is best to keep it until we have reviewed the situation. When that is done we will let you know our findings and what is happening with the payment.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.