money hold for 23 days

balon990
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have received the payment on the 24.04.2016 for an item sold on ebay and I am still waiting for the money to be relased, even though a positive feedback was received some time ago.I know the payment is being held for 21 days-as per policy.Paypal actually releases the payment within 48hours after 21 days-this is not 21 days policy but 23 days policy.In this case I have been lied.

My overall experience with paypal is rather poor.During the last two weeks I was attempting to resolve the issue through the message centre-(3messages sent)but I have never received any response, none of the messages has been logged neither.Calling paypal was pointless as it appeared that  I was speaking to not a very clever fruit of artificial intelligence and technology.

In a fact I am more than happy to find an alternative methods of payments. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@balon990

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GarySC
Contributor
Contributor

I have just been informed I must wait 23 days to receive my money, even though the goods were personally collected and checked by the buyer who paid for the goods before leaving with them. There is no justification for witholding my money and attempts to engage Paypal and Ebay on this issue have been ignored.  Perhaps the money earned in interest by PayPal/Ebay will be passed onto the depositors? Perhaps a law firm will start a class action against these corporations! let's hope so

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GarySC

Its never longer than 21 days, not 23.

Also funds are released more quickly if you provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer.

HOWEVER as paypals seller protection does NOT cover items that are delivered or personally collected you should not really use paypal for those transactions.

That is why Ebay for eg allow you to list ''cash on collection'' only.

So if you had said cash on collection you would have had cash in hand / no risk of a paypal dispute / and best of all no paypal fee.

Also as paypal and ebay are 2 separate companies then they have 2 separate policies for new seller holds. If yours was an Ebay transaction then its the Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when Paypal can release the funds.

I sell a lot of collection items on Ebay and always select the ''cash on collection'' option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GarySC
Contributor
Contributor
I would have been happy to have taken cash on delivery but for the emails from Ebay after I had given my telephone number, the point is the good have been delivered, the buyer is happy and my question was what is the justification for holding money for 23 or 21 or any number of day?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GarySC

Not sure what emails you mean but you can list cash on collection on your auctions.

Then if a buyer pays via paypal I refund and politely restate cash on collection only.

And if you are subject to the 'new seller hold' then Ebay don't know that your buyer has received the item and is happy with it until tracking proves delivery + 3 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.