how long does it take for payment to clear?

spook-1690
New Community Member

Hi i'm new to all of this i have just recently sold an item on ebay for the first time and the payment is in my paypal but it says pending and because i'm a new seller on ebay it can take 21 days what i want to know is does it really take 21 days?

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

Leanne221
I was paniking , I'm new to it all too .
Login to Me Too

Vin_petrol
Outraged to find out that after buying hundreds of items on ebay and paying promptly with money that was taken out my bank account immediately and now I sell something and have to wait 21 days Wtf! Is it not good enough that I have a positive feedback and have had no issues with payments in the past.I sold an item as I needed quick cash and now PayPal making interest on it as well as taking there fee.This has totally put me off selling anything thru these crooks ever again
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vin_petrol

If you have only ever been a buyer then of course you are going to have all positive feedback, a buyer cannot GET a neutral or neg feedback on ebay. All a seller can do is give them pos feedback or not leave feedback for them at all.

As for the 21 day hold it is VERY RARE for you to have to wait the full 21 days, if you send trackable then funds are normally released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.

More info in the link below.

New seller hold that every new seller goes through.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.