help me guys

mohanpun
Contributor
Contributor
hi, I sold my watch to 10-Davie on eBay. he said that he is in military and he want buy the watch for his cousin in Nigeria. I gave him my PayPal email and eBay user name. is he going to do something with my email???? and no I haven't post him my watch, but he have already paid for the watch and I have also got the email from PayPal saying your fund is available, but I need to give paypal the tracking number then only they will process fund to my account. so what do I do now guys/paypal??? he gave me this address- tobi Williams 13, folarin Street lawanson litre surulere 101014 lagos Nigeria this is him email- joleighrig outlook I really need helps guys so please reply to this. thank you
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

InvitesbyAna
Contributor
Contributor
Decline the payment. I took my time to read some of the post here and from what I read, you'll never get the money.
Login to Me Too

mohanpun
Contributor
Contributor
where do I decline the payment?? from my PayPal or email?? my PayPal has nothing shown on it ... thanks for the reply 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohanpun

You don't need to decline it as you have never received it  >>>

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.