fraud in Nigeria

sspasic
Contributor
Contributor

i was selling the mobile pfone on my local advertisement and  one person contacted me with offer of 100e over my price to send mobile to her son in Nigeria, on this address Name: John Solomon
Address: 61 Shita Road
City: Surulere
ZipCode: +23401
state: Lagos

they send me instant payment from person Marie John,  and told that money will be on hold until i send them tracking number as proof that i send the item. i suspected all of it, and i googled the name and and i found this community,then i send them the fake number to see what will happend, yesterday when he/she realise that the number that number was fake, he/she was treating me that they will reported me on paypal because i tryed to cheat of him, he told me that he is a memeber of United State Marine Corps Semper FI. and told me that i'll be tracted soon. I don't know what to do, looks they r like criminal organisation, u shoud try to stop this somehow, people will stop trust you. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sspasic

1. Scam has been ongoing for years and is all over this forum and the internet.

2. How are paypal supposed to stop them? None of the transaction is done using paypals site, the emails are fake and normally sent using hijacked or anonymous email accounts in an internet cafe in Africa somewhere.

3. You don't ''need'' to do anything. They have not paid, you have not sent anything, delete the emails and ignore them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sspasic
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for advice,i will ignore it.p
Login to Me Too

Hostephen
New Community Member

Its sad what this B A S T A R D S are doing to the name if this country. I was only checking to see if I can accept payment using paypal in nigeria, So I searched "Nigeria" in the search bar. To my supprise the first page was filled with a different keyword "SCAM".

The govenrment is doing everything they can to get this people. Please Report this issue to the EFCC (https://efccnigeria.org).

Seriously, thier acts is affecting the honest ones. I am a website designer, before I could get a good customer base, I had to do some really expensive Tripwires (Design a website for $500) just because I am from nigeria, a country of scammers. 

On behalf of every honest Nigerian who are suffering from the acts of those idiots, I appologize. And please, do help us Out by reporting idiots like this to the relevant agency. I assure you, based on the recent track record of the EFCC, he will be brought to justice. - And you could get your goods back.

https://web.facebook.com/officialefcc (They respond faster on their facebook page, but you should message both). 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.