ebay payment from seller not received

sandsmull
Contributor
Contributor

Sold an item on ebay, got notification from Paypal to say payment had been received but they will put on hold until 21 days as I am a new seller.  Said date of payment to be made by paypal has now gone and no credit to my account. Spoke to paypal says they cannot see anything on my account and to check my paypal email is linked to my ebay account and verified all done and its all correct.  Seller says they acct has been debited and cannot get a direct email address for ebay, what do I do now?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sandsmull

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payment should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyer payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sandsmull
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  thank you for your reply, no I haven't brought or received another payment since the said date of payment to be made. I use my paypal regularly to pay for items but not for a few months on eBay!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sandsmull

Can  you try this  >>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sandsmull
Contributor
Contributor

seller just inboxed me after double checking his accounts they used the wrong email arghhh thank you for all your advise though!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.