ebay dispute money pending

leanne2001
Contributor
Contributor

i recently sold an item on ebay, the guy is saying the item isnt as described, but it actually is, i think hes bought it by mistake and using the misdescibed excuse to get a refund, so the £45 he paid for it is now on hold in my paypal, so my balance is now minus £45, if i put £45 into my accvount will he automaticaly recieve this money, as i dont want to refund him until i recieve the item back, what if i now sell something else on ebay and funds are put into my account , will these new funds automaticaly go straight to him , is there a way i can wait until ive recieved the item back but yet still carry on recieving funds without him getting an automatic refund 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leanne2001

Wait for paypal to make a decision on his claim if he has already escalated the dispute to a claim.

Normally paypal will tell him to return the item back to you trackable to prove delivery before you have to refund.

In the meantime any funds that you receive in your balance will be used to pay off the neg.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.