eBay Nigeria scam

Rmil6617
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all 

I have sold my iPad on eBay the buyer has not paid for it. This has been going on for a couple of days they are sending me email saying they are going to make payment. The eBay account has an address in London and zero feedback. The first email I got said they are away on business and will make payment today. So I get an email today saying they have made payment via PayPal . It had a PayPal email receipt attached to it that looks very genuine they have included an extra  hundred pounds and want me to send it to Nigeria also a note on the email that states the transaction will show as pending on PayPal until I send about tracking number. 

I believe this is a scam has anyone else experienced the same thing ?. 

Login to Me Too
179 REPLIES 179

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

Write to Nigeria post office here and surely you get. Response from them. Here is their Emil address postmaster.ng at yahoo. .come.

Make sure you include the tracking number and senders address with shipping address.

Hello its not Nigeria custom,you have have mail Nigeria post office instead.

Login to Me Too

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

Write to Nigeria post office here and surely you get. Response from them. Here is their Emil address postmaster.ng at yahoo. .come.

Make sure you include the tracking number and senders address with shipping address.

Login to Me Too

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

Contact Nigeria post here postmaster.ng at yahoo.com. and wait for response

Login to Me Too

Hayzwhite0011
Contributor
Contributor
Did you have any joy getting it back? Im trying to do the same
Login to Me Too

Hayzwhite0011
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get it back? Can you advise how i feel like i have tried everything
Login to Me Too

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

Write to the Nigeria post office here...postmaster.ng  At yahoo.come

Login to Me Too

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

Write up a mail with all details of the item with the tracking number and send it to postmaster. ng at yahoo .come.

Surely you have a quick response front he post office of Nigeria.

Login to Me Too

billy98px
New Community Member

I'm freaking out because the same thing happened to me, but I actually sent the package, and now I don't know what to do. Please help! Is there any way I can get the money I should've gotten for selling my $800 camera?

Login to Me Too

ElleDobson3
Hi I have just been the target of one of these scams and did not pick up on this till after I had sent the package (trainers) They were meant to pay me £200 and said that could not be released till I got the tracking number... I believed this as was new to eBay and saw that it said enter tracking number. Is there anything I can do about this or do you just have to deal with the fact you lost your things and money you paid for postage and could've been worse? They said that £600 was in my account and to use £300 of my own money to send back to them before that was released to me. I'm in shock and so angry that people could do this! I'm also a young girl and was just looking to sell my trainers and earn some money and nearly have been scammed for what is a lot of money to me! Anyone have any advice on what I should do? Thanks Elle
Login to Me Too

Obuka
Unfortunately the same thing happened to me while i tried to sell a pair of yeezys...but I knew it was a scam once I saw the email because it had such a template like format so I sent them a mock mail telling them to **bleep** off. ..These things really **bleep** me off because I'm also Nigerian and these could just be a small group of jobless young boys tarnishing the image off the country which is even more annoying because they make people have the wrong concept of nigerians. Anyways I'm not gonna go on ranting. I think you should file a complaint for unpaid item on eBay and hopefully you get a positive response! Best of luck!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.