eBay Nigeria scam

Rmil6617
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all 

I have sold my iPad on eBay the buyer has not paid for it. This has been going on for a couple of days they are sending me email saying they are going to make payment. The eBay account has an address in London and zero feedback. The first email I got said they are away on business and will make payment today. So I get an email today saying they have made payment via PayPal . It had a PayPal email receipt attached to it that looks very genuine they have included an extra  hundred pounds and want me to send it to Nigeria also a note on the email that states the transaction will show as pending on PayPal until I send about tracking number. 

I believe this is a scam has anyone else experienced the same thing ?. 

Login to Me Too
179 REPLIES 179

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor
No,its not compensation from PayPal or eBay,its from the Nigerian government post office,, all you need do is to write up a mail with the details of your item. postmaster.ng at yahoo.com. you get response back from them
Login to Me Too

Mikaminea
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Unfortunately, no. I couldn't get my phone back and no compensation from eBay or PayPal. Be careful that they may also try to tell you that the 'gift' was not appreciated and they want to send the device back to you, obviously if you pay the return fee and their money back. The money that they have supposedly sent to you as payment for the device.
Login to Me Too

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor
No,its not compensation from PayPal or eBay,its from the Nigerian government post office,, all you need do is to write up a mail with the details of your item. postmaster.ng at yahoo.com. you get response back from them
Login to Me Too

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

I advice you to write up a mail and send it to this address postmaster.ng at yahoo.com,before its too late. A friend of mine was scam as well but she got her Item delivered back to her.

Login to Me Too

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

Did you posy the item,, if so it's a scam..so beware. If you already post the item you need to contact the postmaster.

Login to Me Too

Fatima0303
New Community Member
Yes I've just experience it... they say to send money and they use a PayPal receipt and identity. They scammed me off my apple Mac.. does anyone how to solve this and how to get back my item.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fatima0303

If you sent your item BEFORE the funds showed in your paypal balance then the buyer had not paid and nothing paypal can do for you as the transaction was not done via paypal.    Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tunan_Guo
New Community Member

Guys, These nasty Nigerians are so annoying. I have been trying to sell my iPhone for two times and guess what? I got 2 scammers in a roll! Their dirty little tricks never change! First, they buy your item for a high price(if you add buy it now for auction, they will choose buy it now). Next they contact you via ebay message saying their's a problem with their ebay message and ask you to contact them with an @yahoo email(this happend 2 times). What?! You said there's something wrong with your ebay message? Then why you can still contact me by that? Next, they will say they are sending this to his American friend (maybe because everybody trusts America) working in a refinery industry in Nigeria. What?! Are there anyone who's interested in a used second-handed old iPhone4 as their birthday gift?! Then they will say they made the payment and let you check your email for paypal confimation (but I actually got nothing). And this happend twice exactly the same. That's my story. Poor guys , they can't even be creative when scamming people.

Login to Me Too

Marierios
Contributor
Contributor
This is a scam!!!!! I have a Apple watch for sale via CL. I have received numerous text fom 4 phone numbers. It is the same person. They want me to send the watch to their cousin in Nigeria for a extra $100. This man keeps presspring me for a tracking number so the hold will be released from PayPal. I have had this happen in the past. Sounded time good to be true. Also the email that was sent claiming to be PayPal, the highlight areas don't work when clicked on. Also the email address goes back to the same address the scammed is using. Pay close attention to these details. Best of Luck
Login to Me Too

pookey1
New Community Member

I just got the same scam several similar email addresses. Many emails stating they purchased my product then asking me to send it to another address (in Nigeria of course). She stated my cost PLUS shipping was pending in payapl and Id get it when the item was shipped and Id sent a tracking number. I got several very real looking emails from Ebay and Paypal. However had I sent the item and/or clicked any of the links to send tracking info etc she'd have scammed me. ALWAYS check for all correspondences directly on your paypal or ebay account. If theres no message there its not real!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.