charges

pixielott08
New Community Member

Can someone explain to me in simple terms!

I have been selling a few things on e-bay but

no more than 20 per month as that free as I understand it.

However , when the money goes into my paypal account it deducts the selling

fees which is fine. but now i have another invoice? from ebay for the month.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its free to LIST those items on ebay BUT if they sell then you still pay a final value fee dependent on the finish auction price.

That fee is invoiced monthly.

Then you pay your paypal fee when the buyer pays.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Flukewin
Contributor
Contributor

I have just found out about these disgusting charges, you have to hunt for that information as well, so **bleep** sneaky.

First eBay take an obscene amount and then paypal takes another chunk? who the **bleep** do you think you are?

I am not going to use paypal again, you should be ashamed of yourself for borderline stealing, you do NO WORK, you are just a server, you do NOTHING. 3.4% estate agents dont even charge that much, you must be earning over ten grand every 60 seconds, probably more!!! disgusting!

the internet is getting worse with all the con artists like paypal, I thought you had more class than this. no one is safe buying online anymore.

paypal are a bunch of thieves taking a liberty when they know for a fact that people pay twice.

Disgusting, you should be ashamed.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You pay ebay to advertise and sell your items and you pay paypal to be able to receive instant card funded payments from buyers.

They are 2 separate companies so did you think that paypal staff like to work for free  Smiley Very Happy

As for the charges being hidden you just go to the bottom of ebay / paypal and click on the word FEES.

Most sellers have the sense to read up on fees BEFORE they start listing items for sale.

Also it works out about 10% whereas auctions in the cities are normally about 15%.

As for all this rude abuse directed at me I can understand it. IF you can't read up about fees you also don't have the intelligence to understand what the word VOUNTEER means.

Yes I do have a job but it is not for paypal. I am also a part time ebay seller and yes I READ up on fees BEFORE i started using ebay and paypal. I just answer on here with the FACTS, i don't make or always agree with their policies.

I certainly agree with you not using paypal anymore, you obviously are not mature enough to understand it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bonmot4
New Community Member

I must say I have some empathy with Fluke? and Kernowlass - I too found it difficult to find the details of the fees involved with selling as they pop up at different times.  There is no link from the notifications you get after the sale, but I did find them after referring to Kernowlass's post and searching around 'my ebay' page.

However, I tend to agree with Fluke, the total fees are steep, and both Ebay and Paypal are probably making too much out of it, but like most things that one doesn't agree with, vote with your feet, or your fingers or whatever other part of your anatomy you use to communicate.  Like most of life, and E-commerce, it's ***t if you're not making money out of it, but what's the alternative?!

Happy Days.

P.S.  Are you really a Cornish Lass?  

Login to Me Too

Flukewin
Contributor
Contributor

No, I do not expect the staff to work for free.

I expect them to put a much more reasonable percentage, 3.4% is ludicrous when you consider the sheer scale of paypal users, are the staff on over £100K salary?

also someone who makes a complaint is immature are they? This is becoming a fast trend with all companies, calling complaints "whining" and then responding the way you just did, Large scale companies ae meant to DEFUSE the situation, not fan the flames by insulting them. I didnt insult you but you felt you had the rigt to insult me?

as for trying to mention that city auctions are more expensive is a pointless thing to say because I wouldnt put anything I sell in an auction house, it woud be listed in one of the many other FREE sites, using eBay is just a habit, not a necessity.

You just add to the disgraceful acts of corporate companies, looks like you all need to relearn how to deal with upset consumers who have spent thousands via PayPal.

pathetic.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

also someone who makes a complaint is immature are they? This is becoming a fast trend with all companies, calling complaints "whining" and then responding the way you just did,

Did you not actually READ my post, the one where i said I DO NOT WORK FOR PAYPAL.

I will repeat it for you clearly as i have already told you to look up the word volunteer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR PAYPAL.

This is "user to user" help forum.

And yes you are immature because you had a go at ME when i was only trying to reply to A post with the help someone asked for. This was YOUR comment was it not to someone that was just telling you how it worked and DID NOT WORK FOR PAYPAL??

chunk? who the **bleep** do you think you are?

So yes i do think you are immature, anyone who can't argue intelligently and resorts to putting bleeps every other word tends to give that impression.

bye

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Flukewin
Contributor
Contributor

When have I mentioned you specifically? Because I am pretty sure my first post was directed at paypal as a whole, not a forum volunteer or any other single employee. you really do have a chip on your shoulder dont you.

The part you quoted has backfired, maybe you need to re-read it yourself, here let me quote it for you again, I will even put it in bold just for you.

also someone who makes a complaint is immature are they? This is becoming a fast trend with all companies, calling complaints "whining" and then responding the way you just did,

all companies complaints departments nowadays - they respond the WAY you did, with a bad attitude, key word being "LIKE" you, i.e "similar or the same attitude"

Not once have I directed anything at you, this is a PayPal forum, my words are directed at paypal as a whole, absolutely nothing to do with you,  yet you continue to insult me with no justifiable reason.  show me any quote where I insulted you on any personal level or named you?, your very first response to me was abusive by name calling when I wasnt even talking to you!, you have the nerve to call me immature but all of your responses are insulting? my second post was stating you act just like a complaints dept. employee, with a bad attitude response.

bleep isnt profanity how, the word "He ll" as in "what the h. ell" and "so dam n sneaky" is bleeped out, but again, thanks for assuming and insulting me again.

you also overlooked this "you must be earning over ten grand every 60 seconds, probably more!!!" you think I was saying an employee or volunteer like yourself is earning ten grand a minute? how rediculous.

You are not important enough for me to direct anything at you, I really do not care about your thoughts or opinions. what made you think you were important enough to direct anything at you? I didnt even read your response until after I gave my opinion about the paypal charges.

You are nothing to me, I dont care how special you seem to believe you are.

your attitude is disgusting.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.