buyer didn't receive item

bourme-zx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a question about the paypal seller protection. I posted an item to an ebay buyer 10 days ago via royal mail first class. It's not tracked because the value is not much and I always use first class. The problem is the buyer didn't receive the item. I have the postage receipt. Am I eligible for seller protection?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bourme-zx

Seller protection has nothing to do with your item getting lost in the post.

Seller protection protects you from ''false'' claims of non receipt of item where you can provide a tracking number to prove the buyer received the item.

If the item is lost then you have to refund the buyer. If you did not send tracked or insured thats fine but its your risk, not the buyers or paypals.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bourme-zx

Seller protection has nothing to do with your item getting lost in the post.

Seller protection protects you from ''false'' claims of non receipt of item where you can provide a tracking number to prove the buyer received the item.

If the item is lost then you have to refund the buyer. If you did not send tracked or insured thats fine but its your risk, not the buyers or paypals.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bourme-zx
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot. I've refunded the buyer. I'll definitely use the tracked or signed service in the future!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.