amazon voucher-being scammed

chantela
Contributor
Contributor

HI

I've sold my Amazon E-voucher on Ebay last week (worth £ 35). It was sold immediately, within 10 minutes since uploading it online. The buyer has paid instantly so I have emailed 2 codes and have left a positive feedback. 30 minutes later I have received an email about the unauthorised transaction and Ebay has removed my item. I knew I have been scammed. I've contacted that lady who claimed she hasn't been using Ebay that day and hasn't purchased any voucher off me. She has reported this to Ebay and Paypal. Outcome was that after 12 days of investigation Paypal has issued her a refund from my account as money was put on hold. I am furious as it worked in her favour. Obviously she is denying any purchase of Amazon vouchers and these vouchers have been redeemed immediately after me checking online. Amazon is refusing to tell me who has redeemed my codes. I have been scammed and there is no help from paypal. I am furious. How can I appeal and get my money back? Am I protected as a seller ? Any help would be appreciated as I want my money back!!!!! Let Paypal deal with the hackers or non trustworthy Ebay-ers and they should compensate me from their insurance....

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chantela

An unauthorised transaction means that someones paypal account has been hacked and used without the account holders consent by another person (? your buyer).

If paypal find this is true by checking IP addys / phone numbers etc then they will of course refund the account holder.

However you would be reimbursed if you met all the criteria of seller protection.

Unfortunately as you sold a 'virtual' item you did not have any seller protection so you lost out.

You can sell virtual items but at your 'own risk'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chantela
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there

you are so kind for responding back. I have done some research online and have found out that I am not covered as ecodes or vouchers are not covered by ebay or paypal protection.(too late unfortunately!)

If I knew it before I would have never sold my voucher online which has basically left me 70 pounds out of pocket as now I have to refund the seller money.Why is there a loophole and silly Ebay allows to sell vouchers? I believe every second person selling online codes is scammed by hackers who pray on selling ecodes from innocent sellers like myself. I have learned by hard way and I hate paypal for not protecting people from hackers.Have a good day

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chantela

Well to be fair its not paypals fault that you didn't bother to read the small section on seller protection on either Ebay or Paypal before you started selling.

And I had already told you this >>

Unfortunately as you sold a 'virtual' item you did not have any seller protection so you lost out.

You can sell virtual items but at your 'own risk'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.