Why the business account pressure?

rimplestimple
Contributor
Contributor

I occasionally sell on ebay and as such I am forced to use paypal as a payment method. I havent sold for a long while now and only sell items that are surplus to my requirements which is a variety of items. I sold an item recently and received payment but I am being told by paypal that it is 'unavailable' and that I need to switch to a business account before I can get the payment. I am not a business, and so I am not happy to lie and say that I am to please paypal When did this change come about? Is there a way around this? I refuse to lie about my status Does anyone have any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You need a business account if you sell that does not mean that you are a UK registered business. 

Most sellers on ebay are like you and just sell items on an occasional basis if they no longer need them. 

When you upgrade you just select the individual pathway and don't fill in any company info. 

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.