Why do paypal always favour the buyer when a case has been opened?

kimavison
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I have recently had a woman buy 5 items of me what were brand new and boxed and paid for them all together, these items are collectible chess peices of superheroes what are very delicate,they were bought for the ladies young son, shortly after the items were received i have a email from the buyer explaining that two of the items were broke, she then goes on to claim that the head of the one item had been stuck back on with glue and that the glue was still sticky, I then explained to the women that if i did glue the head back on then the glue would of set and would not be sticky, this made me believe the women tried to glue the head back on herself, she then has opened up a case against me for the full amout she paid for them(£90) and has even put that only 2 of the items were damaged, the only info she has included to the case was that the item was not how it was described, i have provided  photos that these items were boxed and new and explained how the buyer had thought i had glue the head back on with pric-stick, after all the evidence i have provided paypal email me saying they have reviewed the case closely and have deicded to grant a full refund !!!! how can the case of been reviewed correctly when to buyer has claimed that 2 items were damaged ? so why are they refunding her for all 5 ????

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its your word against hers and there is no way to prove if you glued the item or the receiver did so in that scenario buyer protection comes first.

Unless a seller and buyer agree to a part refund then paypal will always allow the buyer to return all of the items for a full refund once they have returned the items back to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kimavison
Contributor
Contributor

the item was brand new in the box and had never been opened, which i have photos to prove, also if i did glue the item back together the glue would of set and would of not been sticky, everybody knows that once glue sets it is not sticky, therefor the buyer must of tried to stick the item back together herself, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work that out, i just dont get how paypal can agree with someone when there are flaws everywhere in there story

Login to Me Too

kimavison
Contributor
Contributor

also what if all of the items dont turn up? can i open the parcel with the delivery company driver for proof?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Playing devils advocate here, YOU SAY the item was un-opened but paypal do not know that.

As for the latter you can try but again its one persons word against another.

You have the right if the item is returned imcomplete and you have proof to pursue the buyer in the small claims court.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jasm
New Community Member
Just had 2 cases where paypal automatically favoured the buyer. Neither buyer would communicate- just claimed none delivery & played the system. They take no account of feedback or longevity. If it's one word against the other- buyer wins. No idea why.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In the case of non receipt paypal will always find in favour of the buyer if you don't provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer.

Its the only way paypal can tell if a buyer has the item or not.

If you decide to send non trackable that is fine but its at your risk and not the buyers.

If you bought from Amazon and the item did not arrive would you be happy if they stated they had posted it so no refund??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

emmamcgowan1974
New Community Member
Why do PayPal do this I had proof of postage and they still gave the buyer a refund , buyer can say they not got the item and sellers have not a leg to stand on ,if you have proof then no way should buyer be refunded
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Proof of postage is NOT proof of delivery.

If you choose to send non trackable thats fine but its your risk not the buyers.

If you bought an item from amazon and it did not arrive would you be happy if they said sorry no refund as we can prove we posted it???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vm1990

theses are the sort of reasons why alot and i mean alot of people are moving away from paypal and ebay... they did the same to me and iv lost both the product and the item... they "claim" there acount was hacked and paypal found in there favor so basicly paypal **bleep** rape sellers twice... im working on a class action lawsuite to get paypal banned in the UK.. seems fair if they cant follow there own rules and EU regulations why should they be allowed to deal with anyone.. as far as im concernd ebay and paypal are run by right wing non tax paying Fascists

also they didnt get the payment out of me and never will... there systsme is broke and i plan to show everyone that ebay and paypal should not be allowed to exist.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.