What a nightmare!

Shrimpy
Contributor
Contributor

I'll try and be as brief as possible and not turn this into a rant.

I recently sold an item through Ebay.

Posted to the US tracked and provided a tracking number.

1 day after the usps said that the item was delivered, the buyer claims he hasnt had it.

Evidence gathered in the meantime-

He's been a member for 4 months

He has bought the same type of item from 4 sellers including me

He's opened a case against all 4 sellers he's bought from in the 4 months!

He won the case! and i've had to reimburse over £300!!!!

Can I use my tracking information and an investigation result through Royal mail providing me with a letter showing that their contact with USPS confirms that the item was delivered on said date to claim back through Paypal??

P.s Merry Christmas to all

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well i would certainly try BUT tracking normally has to be visible online for paypal to see the item is delivered.

I would give them a call and give them the info you have supplied here.

Contact us bottom of  paypal pages > use the call us option > when you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get an agent. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

greatandsecret
New Community Member

Hi

would love an update of how you got on with this issue.

I myself have had simular issues on occasion, but find, even with 100% proof and evidence, that paypal and ebay will 99.9% of the time side with the buyer, it is a headache for sellers and that, along with the feedback issue on ebay needs to be sorted, but like I said, I have contacted paypal in the past with absolute proof that the buyer had my item and they still refunded them, then I receive and email from said buyer gloating, so forwarded that to paypal, did i get a happy ending? not a sodding chance.

As for ebay (sorry for the rant) I had a buyer threaten via email to cut my pregnant wifes head off with a chainsaw (for a 0.99p item), did ebay immediatly close the buyers account and pass the relevant information to the police...nooooo they told him not to be so naughty......as a buyer you can buy with confidence using paypal, as a seller you take your chance and cross your fingers that your selling to honest people with morals.

Anyway, rant over , have a great new year and suspect everyone..lol.

Login to Me Too

dottom

Paypal is just a total nightmare to use for sellers even if dealing with physical goods and you have shipping proof.  If the buyer reverses charges with the bank or credit card company, Paypal instantly rules in favor of the fraudlent buyer.

In the case of virtual goods, Paypal will always **bleep** the seller.  I have yet to have a case ruled in my favor.  At this point, it's just not worth doing business one ebay/paypal for virtual goods.  

There are too many ways for fraudulent buyers and hacked accounts to **bleep** the seller.  I'm waiting for the next class action lawsuit or settlement with state AG's so maybe I can recover 1% of my losses back from Paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are correct there is no seller protection if you are selling virtual / digital goods, that is why if you decide to go ahead and sell them and accept paypal it is totally at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.