VAT Invoice for Paypal Fees

Massivetech
New Community Member

I understand that Paypal charges VAT on the fees they take from payments recieved. I was just wondering if I could download an invoice  or receipt for those fees which includes a VAT line for my accounts. Alternatively could you tell what PAYPAL's UK VAT number is please?
Thanks

Keith

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

darlingdamsel
New Community Member

I wonder about this too. I have a VAT statement due Feb 7th for the last year (first time filing) and can't find any information on this, but a lot of poeople asking the same quesetion.  This is legal responsibility ... there has to be a quick and easy answer.

Login to Me Too

rudoni
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I need a vat receipt too.

Come on PayPal, do your bit to help.

How can we get a vat receipt for the charges/commission fees that you collect?

Cheers,

Jon

Login to Me Too

justwait
New Community Member

I'm fairly sure you wont get a VAT invoice of PayPal fees as they aren't Vatable because they are a financial institution so a bit like there's no VAT on bank charges.

Also I think PayPal are based in Luxemberg just like eBay so if there was VAT then it would work by giving them your VAT registration and them not charging you the VAT in the first place???

Login to Me Too

Silhouettist
New Community Member

I tried to call the Paypal help centre about this issue today but got nowhere, I was put through to a call centre where the operator had never heard of VAT!  Whatever the answer (whether Paypal fees include VAT or not) I feel this is the kind of issue that Paypal ought to make clear, and that they really ought to make receipts for their fees easily downloadable.

Login to Me Too

tescojim
Contributor
Contributor

They have a step by step guide how to claim your money back but they dont have any FAQ how to print off your monthly paypal fees to bookeep. Do you think this is just a coincidence or they just forgot about it? Probably not. They don't want to make this clear or easily available for you. Don't even try to find because your won't find any option like this.

Same like when I try to change my bank account in my account in the last 2 weeks. I get an error message that "Paypal experiencing some issues and I have to contact customer service". This is also just a bedtime story. You will get the same nonsense expanation however they dont have any problems or issues. They just dont let you to change your bank account. You MUST call the customer service and sit on the phone for 30mins and they mostly never even heard about these problems. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.