Unable to upgrade to premier account & unable to email PayPal to tell them!

lmas00
Contributor
Contributor

Title says it all - same difficulties as everyone else; no option to upgrade to premier, only to business (which I don't need or want), and also unable to - I saw fleetingly 'email us' just once - find email option to contact PayPal.  Tried phoning and lost many minutes of my life in a circular automated system.  Tried replying to the original email which told me I couldn't receive payment for an eBay sale unless I upgraded; received an automated email telling me to look at the site support, and email ...

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lmas00

There is no premier account anymore.

You can sell on a personal account unless you are a registered company and need a business account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lmas00
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks lots for this, which is useful. 

What I don't understand is why PayPal 'service' sent an email telling me I must upgrade to a Premier or Business account. Your reply suggests this isn't true.  I was tempted to upgrade to Business account simply to release the payment which is legitimately mine.  But I am not - and do not own - a business. 

Meanwhile my payment is 'on hold' for spurious reasons which seem to me simply a rather clever way of PayPal making money by holding funds to which they have no righ.  And I still have no means of communicating with PayPal to identify what action I may take to access my money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lmas00

Personal / premier accounts are one and the same so if you have a personal account then its a premier one as well.

So the only upgrade you can do is to a business account  >>>

Read this from a PAYPAL MODERATOR  >>>

ModeratorPayPal_david Moderator
Kudos: 116
Accepted Solutions: 51

Re: PayPal UK Community Chat - 20/07/2016.

Hey Kernowlass.

The two options available for account types now are Premier and Business. Even if a customer logs in and can see Personal as the account type, this would still be considered a Premier Account as the category for a Personal Account is no longer available.

This would have no impact anymore regarding payments received for items that are being sold. There are no restrictions anymore like there would have been with Personal Accounts.

David.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lmas00
Contributor
Contributor

This is really helpful, thank you very much David.

Now all that's needed is for PayPal to amend (or rather cancel) the email it sends out ... and to release my payment!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lmas00

Well its me that posted Davids comment not David as that comment was an answer to a question i asked him but you can thank him if you want to as well but i am the one that is still helping you.

Contacting paypal  >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lmas00

Oh your welcome!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.