US postage

dannypaulclark
New Community Member

I posted some trade cards to an address in US sold on ebay over 1 month ago

my postage quote was for "tracked and signed", however the buyer told me he was unable to sign for them

We agree by email I would send them normal post with a proof of posting this end

"----" law they have disappreared. The buyer is cooperative and we are trying to sort this out

The maximum compensation from royal mail will be £20 + postage, the value of the item is £90

Whats really annoying is that there is no way anyone would know the value of the contents, it was just a normal letter

Please dont tell me what i should have done, but is the buyer covered by paypal for  goods lost in transit ?

Danny

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dannypaulclark

Yes the buyer is covered but only if you don't refund him voluntarily.

If you don't refund him the full amount then he can file a paypal dispute and if you can't provide 'trackable' proof of delivery of the item to the buyers paypal registered address then paypal will force you to refund him. If you don't then paypal refund him under that 'buyer protection' but would then put your paypal account into negative and limit it until you paid paypal back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.