test1point0
Contributor
Contributor

this is a complete joke really!

so long story short.

*im a seller on ebay, a buyer bought an item and checked out as normal

*i post the item to the address supplied

*the buyer opens a paypal dispute for unauthorised use of his account

*messages me and says that the details he provided are not his and it must be a glitch with ebay

SO he did authorise the payment!

so i upload evidence of postage and messages from him from ebay and ive just looked but PAYPAL STILL GAVE HIM HIS MONEY BACK

so now no money or item. THANKS PAYPAL! REALLY, YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER *******

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In the event of an unauthorised dispute ie the buyers account was hacked and used without his consent then paypal will investigate.

If the buyer is telling the truth then paypal will return his funds.

HOWEVER in this scenario you would not lose out either if you met ALL the requirements of seller protection.

That includes a tracking number to prove delivery of the item to the paypal registered address at the time the transaction was made (that is proof of delivery not proof of postage). 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

test1point0
Contributor
Contributor

WELL i did LOSE out because he paid for just standard delivery

so i did everything right and he lies about unauthorised use of his account, which i showed paypal that he did it himself but must of signed in with the wrong account somehow

what a load of bollox

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Actually the postage option of how you send an item is up to you not the buyer.

I send anything over about £30 trackable to protect myself and make sure i have seller protection for pricier items.

Anything under that i take the risk.

So if you CHOSE to send it non-trackable that is absolutely fine but its your choice to do so and your choice to negate your seller protection.

Paypal just did what it says it will do, it will cover you for seller protection IF you meet the criteria of seller protection............you didn't.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

test1point0
Contributor
Contributor

protection from what, FRAUD?

the buyer admitted he authorised the payment but didnt see that he wasnt signed into his OWN account!

face it, paypal is in the wrong here

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As no one can know the account holders side of it i can't second guess paypals decision.

However you would not have lost out either way if you had made sure you qualified for seller protection.

Even if i list standard postage if the item takes off ( I wish ) and sells for more than i thought it would then to cover myself i send the item trackable at my own expense.

Its all about protecting yourself.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.