Tax return: Where/How can I find out my Paypal fees charged for the year?

just-chips
New Community Member

Hi there

I am currently completing my (last minute!) tax return and need to include the fees I've been charged by Paypal over the year. Is there somewhere I can download a weekly/monthly summary or invoice of what paypal has charged me? 

Alternatively, is there a way of downloading my years payments into excel so I can run a few formulas to get to the answer!

Why cant it be simple like eBay and just send you a monthly invoice!?

Thanks in advance

Danny

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Use the transaction history facility, there is a way to download the information to excel. Best to do it on a monthly or quartery basis so you don't get behind with paperwork.

Login to Me Too

hab

Hi, 

Yes i'm stuck with this too. I have tried contacting paypal without any luck. What is the 'way' of downlaoding the paypal fees per month. I can see the ebay fees but i need the paypal fees isolated. Please advise what 'the way of downlaoding to excel' is.

HELP!!. 

thanks 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if it's possible just to download your payment fee history. You should however be able to download your transaction history and remove any fields from the document if you wish.

Here's how to view your transaction history.

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'History' near the top of the page.

You can view the 'All activity' page in your History log. You can also click the links near the top of the page to view 'Recent Activity' or to find an individual transaction.

You can download your transaction history into Quicken, QuickBooks, or into a spreadsheet application. From the 'History' page, you can download your account's History log:

1. Click 'Download History,' which appears in the 'More' drop-down list.
  2. Choose the date range of transactions you'd like to download and select the file type you want to save your History as.
  3. Click 'Download History.'

Premier and Business account holders can customise their History before downloading it from the 'History' page, here's how:

1. Click 'Download History,' which appears in the 'More' drop-down list.
  2. Click 'Customise Download Fields (not available for PDF)'
  3. Click the information you want to download and click 'Save.'

Note:

• When downloading a large History Log, you may experience a delay.
  • We will email you when your file is ready to be downloaded.
  • When it is ready you can view the file by clicking 'Recently Downloaded Logs' on the 'Download History' page.
  • We save the last 3 most recently completed, large History Log files
  • Small logs are downloaded immediately and are not saved.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Longer1181
New Community Member

My Account > History > Reports:  Click on Annual Report

Login to Me Too

Rayonline
Contributor
Contributor

there seems to be only monthly info now

is Paypal deliberately maiing it hard for us to find this info?

please gve the link for the actual page, if there is one with annual paypal fees for downloading

Login to Me Too

justdahl
New Community Member

This was a huge help! Thank you.

Login to Me Too

NobleCards
New Community Member

Hello! I realize this thread is old however I recently was looking for this exact information.

(I have a paypal business account, not sure if it is available to all paypal variants or just business accounts)

So, what I did to ge the fee information was I logged in  and at the top of the page it has "Reports" as a healine option. Click that.

Then you will see a drop down list for Statements, Financial Summaries, Disputes ECT...

Click on Financial summaries and then click on "monthly finalcial Summary", input the desired date range of which you wish to view for your fee's and click "view Report" 

From there you will see a list of your entire finalcials for the desired date range. About half way down the report it will display your paypal fee's that were taken from the transactions. 

I hope this helps.

Tyler

Noble Cards Canada

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.