Suspicious Activity On eBay

C-G
Contributor
Contributor
I'm just wondering, I'm new to eBay and I've sold an item on eBay and PayPal has emailed me saying payments come through but there holding the funds until they receive tracking number. Once I get the tracking number they'll transfer the funds to my account, Does this happen or have I been frauded by an eBay buyer?. Also eBay emailed me saying they've removed the item as the buyer ain't registered on eBay. So have I been scammed or ?????
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@C-G

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@C-G

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

C-G
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou so much your help was appreciated. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou, I'm new to this you see if it Wernt for you I would of scammed. I ain't going to send the item I'll just realist it and only ship in uk and Yep they told me to send to Nigeria but now I know not to, Thankyou soo much.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.