Sold item outside eBay buyer being aggressive

Irishgirl1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I had a item for sale on eBay. An internally buyer got in touch and asked me to sell to her outside of eBay as the postage costs would be cheaper than using the international shipping programme. I agreed and sent the invoice. She paid and I posted the item. She has contacted me to claim she is unhappy with the item and claims it smells of mold. She has become very aggressive and personal towards me. I have offered her a full refund minus postage costs on 4 separate occasions but she has refused and says she wants a 50% discount. She has now threatened to contact eBay about me and give me bad feedback. I have never had a situation like this before - how should I proceed? I think she is lying but I have offered a refund. Thanks in advance for any help.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Irishgirl1

Firstly how can she leave you feedback if you did not complete the sale on Ebay?

Secondly its against Ebay rules to advertise on Ebay and then sell the same item off-Ebay so if you continue to do so they may limit your account.

Thirdly if she opens a paypal dispute (if she did not actually buy it on Ebay) then if paypal finds in her favour then she will be told to send the item back to you trackable at her own expense before you have to refund her. If she does not want to do that then you would win the claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Irishgirl1
Contributor
Contributor
Firstly thanks for your response. I didn't think she could leave me feedback on eBay but just wanted to be sure. I have never sold anything outside of eBay and only done so on this occasion at the buyers request as she did not want to pay the eBay global shipping programme charges. I have definitely learned my lesson and will not sell outside of eBay ever again. I have offered her the refund on multiple occasions and have evidence of this. I have no issue offering a refund to her but she is unwilling return the item. Anyways hopefully she has decided to just keep the item as I have not heard back from her in a couple of days. Again thanks for your response:
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.