Sold a brand new sealed iPhone..buyer claims it doesn't work..what next?

Claireyb87
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I wonder if someone can help please. I sold a brand new iPhone 5..still factory sealed last Wednesday. Yesterday I logged into paypal to see that she has started a dispute claiming that the phone would not charge. I the. Offered to pay the postage for her to send it back to me and I would get it replaced at the shop at send it back.She then said he does not trust iPhones now and wants to keep her old phone. I get the feeling she has just changed her mind and for all I know she could have changed the charge for a dud one. Where do I go from here?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Has she escalated the dispute to a claim yet?? If not then put on the dispute that you are willing to refund on return of the phone sent trackable to prove you got it back again.

If she does not respond or send the item back then the dispute "bugs out" at 20 days.

If she escalates to a claim and if paypal find in her favour they will expect her to send it back to you trackable before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.