Selling through paypal

LucyReed
New Community Member
I’m new to paypal and I want to sell something through depop. The buyer wants to pay me through here and she says I have to send before the money is actually in my account and when she recieves the item the money will go through? I am not sure if this is true and I don’t want to send until the money is safely in my bank account and she cannot cancel the payment.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi LucyReed,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

In general, we recommend not to ship the items that you sell before the payment has been sent to you and before seeing it into your PayPal account. Even if the amount is placed in your pending balance, it still means that the buyer has sent you the payment. 

If this is one of the first payments that you receive, please note that the amount may be placed on hold for 21 days as a matter of security. If you add the tracking number and mark the transaction as shipped in the details of the pending payment, your funds will be released to you sooner than the 21 days.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.