Seller won't send Ebay item until Paypal releases funds

Watrevir
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday (20th January) I bought an item on Ebay and paid for it through PayPal straight away.  Today, I received a message from the seller telling me that PayPal was holding back my payment until the 10th of February, so he wasn't going to send my item until PayPal released the funds.

After doing a bit of research, I contacted the seller and told him that it was normal (his score is 95 on Ebay) and that PayPal would release my payment when I received the item.

I still haven't received a reply.  If he still refuses to send the item so that it gets here by the promised time (26th-27th Jan), am I within my rights to cancel the transaction, and will PayPal reimburse me my funds straight away?

I searched for more threads on this topic, but they all seem to be by sellers, not buyers.

Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Watrevir

If your seller is subject to the new seller hold and is refusing to send then that may impact a lot on his future chance of selling and using paypal.

You can file a dispute for 'non receipt of item' and if he continues to refuse then escalate to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Watrevir
Contributor
Contributor

He hasn't actually said what the reason was for PayPal not releasing the money, all I got was:

hi jack paypal have put your payment on hold till 10/02/2018 so soz carnt send saw till payment cleared

On my PayPal account, the payment is listed as 'Completed'

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Watrevir

If its completed your end and pending on his end then it would be the new seller hold.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.