Seller protection??

laura361
Contributor
Contributor
I really need your help or PayPal's help. I sold a bag on eBay and contacted the buyer to say I said no international shipping (she's based in Italy) so why did she bid on the bag. She said can you sell it me if I pay extra and I agreed and sent an invoice via PayPal for the amount after researching shipping costs. She sent the money and I posted the bag (I lost money due to PayPal charges and postage being more than I first thought) she suddenly got in touch sending me abusive and threatening emails saying the bag isn't as described and that she'd called the police on me and reported me to the mail companies. I think it's a scam to keep bags and also keep the money. Let me be clear, the bag was send 100% sold as seen, buyer beware, no refunds etc - photos don't lie and my description of the bag was clear and honest. I have 100% positive Ebay feedback. You can see from my PayPal account I am an honest and trustworthy seller and buyer. Please can you help me resolve this? I am not prepared to issue a refund as she'll keep the bag and not send it back. She's admitted by email she won't send it back, all her messages come personally to my inbox and not via PayPal and so you don't see the abuse she sends. I have a one week old baby and this is very stressful for me as I've done no wrong here. What will PayPal do? Surely they won't give her her money back and let her keep the bag? I can't find online the clear process. Does someone read the emails between us and decide? This is unfair and I can't afford to be £115 down. Why is it always in the buyers favour? I've called and emailed PayPal but no response which is frustrating. Please could you respond asap.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@laura361

If you had set your ''buyer blocks'' on Ebay to block international bidders she would not have been able to bid in the first place.

If she opens a dispute for ''item received but not as described'' then nearly always she has to return the item back to your first before you have to refund.

I would just tell her to open a dispute if she wants to and then ignore her until she does.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

laura361
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that I'll set those up now, didn't even know I could. She's already opened a dispute under the heading you mentioned but I can't seem to see the process - I'm worried PayPal will send her the money and not wait or check to see if she's sent it back. It'll cost her around £20 to send it back.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@laura361

Well nothing happens in the dispute phase apart from giving the 2 of you a chance to negotiate so you can put in as much information in that stage as possible.

I would state that you are happy to refund on return of item in the condition sent.

Then leave it to her to escalate the dispute to a claim for paypal to review if you want to.

Odds are she won't want to return it so you ''should'' win the dispute.

And for your buyer blocks  ..

My ebay > account tab under your username > site preferences in the left hand side list > postage and packing preferences > Exclude postage locations from your listings > edit > then you can select the areas you don't want to post to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.