Seller position? SNAD, Furniture damaged in transit, buyer arranged delivery via Anyvan

Bunny9999
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a piece of furniture via eBay. My listed stated for the 'buyer to collect/arrange delivery'. My buyer paid immediately via Paypal (BuyItNow). The furniture was listed in 'good, used condition' with serveral photographs. The furniture was dismantled by the delivery team then delivered same night. My buyer contacted me immediately as the furniture has incurred lots of scratches, which can be seen in a couple of photos that she provided. Naturally we are both gutted. I contacted Anyvan and they advised for my seller to open a dispute with her transport provider and have forwarded their contact details. Meanwhile, my buyer has damaged furniture and i believe she is entitled to a refund from Paypal due to damage during transit. I can suggest my buyer opens a dispute and requests a refund, but where will the refund come from? Will i end up with no furniture and no money from the sale also? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bunny9999

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute ie damage before or during delivery then paypal tend to find in favour of the buyer and you have to refund the buyer in full. However the buyer nearly always have to return the item back to your first with tracking to show you received it.

Paypal would only reimburse the buyer if you did not but then they would limit your paypal account and put it in negative until you paid them back again.

However i suggest that you ask the buyer not to open a dispute but to wait and see if the delivery agent will pay any compensation for the damage and go from there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.