Seller given the wrong address

kajoreczka
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I've been buing on ebay for years and never had any major problems.

But in the last month or so i started to have nothing but problems.

I bought and item and it never came so after waiting for quite a while i've messaged the seller to ask for a refund which i got right away and thought nothing more of it.

But then sometime after that i ordered 2 more items and didn't receive them neither. Like i said i never had any problems and items were almost always delivered before estimated delivery time so i decided to investigate a bit further rather then just emailing the seller. I checked my invoices both from ebay and paypal and it turned out that all of them had my old address on them! I thought maybe i made a mistake when making orders, so i checked both my ebay and paypal accounts to see whether i chose the wrong address. But there is no sign of my old address what so ever neither on paypal nor ebay, only my current one. I couldn't have clicked on my old address even if i wanted to!!

Does anyone have any ideas what to do about it? And how is it possible that ebay or paypal gave my old address to 3 sellers so far, if i've removed it from all my accounts?

Thanks.

Have spoken to paypal and ebay and they said that i should ask sellers for a refund. But it wasn't selllers fault so why should they be out of pocket? This doesn't inspire confidence when i think of selling on ebay again. Clearly paypal's system messed things up but they don't want to take any responsibility and point fingers at the selllers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi kajoreczka,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum, and sorry to hear about this issue.

It does sounds like there could be an old address still stored on the system, possibly through an old eBay transaction. We can definitely review this and have it removed for you if you can contact Customer Support directly. You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.