SCAM!! Don't ship until you get your money, even if paypal ask for it.

Micha4
Contributor
Contributor

Warning if you get emails from: service_ad_intl.paypal.com. or carmela.marcus (or any other buyer who opened an ebay acount the same day)

If buyer says this to you:

Hello, I just want to notify you that payment for your item has already been made and the necessary funds have been deducted from my PayPal account. I want you to send the item to the address below, am buying it as a birthday gift for my Son, who is on vacation in Philippines.

Name.......... Carl Francisco
Address......... 2891 km. 42 Natl Rd, partida Pulong Buhangin,
City.......... Santa Maria
Zip code......... 3022
State.......... Bulacan
Country......... Philippines

After that you get an e-mail from: service_ad_intl.paypal.com: [Looks 100% mail from Paypal]

Dear (your name),

We receive a mail now about the transaction between you and Mrs Carmela Marcus,that you have not comply with PayPal instructions. We have already deducted the money from the buyer's account (Mrs.Carmela Marcus),We have the money waiting in our escrow account for you to clear. Kindly get the item ship to the buyer requesting address in Philippines below and Send the shipping tracking number to us so as to credit your account. We give you 12.00 hours to send the shipping reference number on the receipt given to you at the Post Office,if not your PayPal account will be suspended. We are doing this due to problems we had with other clients. Send the shipment tracking number to us at paypalconfirmationalertpayments_ad_emailaccount.com.

After mailing the tracking ID to that mail adres you get a second email from Paypal:
SHIPPING REFERENCE RECEIVED

Dear (email adres or name)

We have received the shipping reference number of the item bought from you on eBay by Carmela Marcus and We have passed it on to our payment review department for shipment verification.

Tracking number: xxxxxxxxx
  • Please allow 24 - 48 working hours for the shipment verification(trace and track the item)
  • We shall notify you once we are able to verify the shipment and completed verification.
  • Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to protect your account

By the time you wait for a response from Paypal that your money is beeing transfered, your package is shipped and there is no way of getting it back! The seller disappears from ebay the minute you open a ticket.
EBAY wil only give you the selling commision back (automated) if you open a dispute ticket, and there is no way you can argue with EBAY nor PAYPAL to get your SELLERS PROTECTION.

BE WARNED!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Micha4

Except that those emails were SPOOFS and NOT from paypal.

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.