Reversed payment

DaveLuci

In September I sold a mobile phone on Ebay to the highest bidder, dispatched the item in the allotted time via recorded delivery, received delivery notification on Ebay and then received positive feedback stating "Excellent Service"

Now, 3 months later I received an email from paypal telling me that the payment from the buyer is being reversed and I am being asked to provide proof of delivery. The information I require is no longer visible on Ebay and I now have no proof of delivery, having binned the receipts on receiving acknowledgment on Ebay and recieving positive feedback.

If I cant prove delivery of the item by the 20th December, the payment could be reversed and I could lose £180.

This is an OBVIOUS scam by the buyer and how the **bleep** can paypal justify pursuing this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DaveLuci

I have just found tracking info and proof of delivery. I contacted the buyer who confirmed he is happy with the phone and does not understand why there is a dispute.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there DaveLuci,

Welcome to the Community!

It's hard to know exactly what has happened that resulted in the payment being placed on hold.

Sometimes if a customer does not recognise a payment on their card statement, they might contact their bank and the bank might dispute a lot of the payments that were sent around the same time as the suspicious payment.

I would advise you to ask your buyer to contact us directly and we can look into this further on their side and if possible, we can assist them with getting the case closed on their account.

Hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.