Returned Item damaged, how to open a dispute for this?

NikkookkiN
New Community Member

I have just sold a phone through ebay but  after my buyer recieved the item, we had a dispute as the "item was not as described" .

Paypal now holds the payment 

Me and the buyer agreed for returning the item for a refund.

Days later i recieved the item back but its no longer working. According to the buyer it left him in working condition so that means the buyer either damaged the item or it got damaged on its return transport so its no longer my fault as a seller.

Now i want to know how i can open a dispute about this and get my item payed for its damages.

This are my only choices to open a dispute but by reading it, it doesnt cover any of my problem.

Report a problem

What type of problem would you like to address?What type of problem would you like to address?

Item dispute: I did not receive an item I purchased or the item I received is significantly not as described.Unauthorised transaction: I did not authorise a recent transaction.I obeyed the Key rules of Seller Protection can they protect me now?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there NikkookkiN,

If you have received the item back and it isn't even turning on, you should have the option to appeal the case. By doing this, we can investigate the case further on your behalf and if possible, provide a reimbursment on the item back to you.

You may need to contact us directly in order for us to be able to appeal the case for you. When you contact us, please let us know what the exact condition of the item is and we can forward the information to our claims team for you.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Jon-121
New Community Member
I have had a dispute with a customer first they said they hadn't received phone I supplied tracking then it was because not as described it has gone through resolution centre when he finally agreed to return the phone however the phone is in a mess like it has been played football with it. The phone I sent him the latest iPhone was new in a sealed box from supplier I have been told to refund him however I think I should only partially refund him down to the now value of the phone. I saw a similar issue listed by a different user where you told him to contact you. Can I have contact details for you please the number for the department I need to contact please. Thanks Jon.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.