Resolve negative balance

mountford71
New Community Member
I sold a phone on Ebay and the buyer requested that it be posted to an address other than the one listed on Ebay. The buyer paid by credit card into my Paypal account. The phone was sent recorded delivery. Paypl then contacted me that the buyer was claiming that she had not authorised payment on the basis that the phone was not sent to the Ebay registered address. Paypal has disputed this with the credit card company and we await a decision. Now my Paypal account has a negative balance and I'm being asked to clear it whilst the amount is in dispute. Does anyone have any experience of this and know where I stand. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but i feel you will lose.

You have to send the item to the paypal registered address of the buyer to maintain seller protection.

This is because an account can get hijacked and they ask you to send the item to their address and not the genuine account holders. If you had refused to send to another addy then you would have been covered.

If you want to resolve your balance >>

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via "add funds" if you choose the faster method it should be done quickly.

2. Get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal. Tel number =

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.