Refunding postage

ukwildflower
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have combined postage costs to a customer who ordered more than one item from me.  Does anyone know how I refund the difference in cost?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

stuffystuff
Contributor
Contributor

Log in to your PayPal account, find the transaction, under Order Status/Actions if you haven't marked the items as despatched yet there is a drop down menu next to Print postage label.   Chose the refund option and refund the difference in postage cost.  You can add a message there too if you want.  If you have marked the items as despatched then just choose the refund option and refund the difference in postage costs.  You will see that the refund is split into two parts.  Some to you in refund of your PayPal fee and some to your buyer.  Your buyer will get the full amount refunded and you will get your PayPal fees back in proportion to the amount refunded.

Hope this makes sense!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

stuffystuff
Contributor
Contributor

Log in to your PayPal account, find the transaction, under Order Status/Actions if you haven't marked the items as despatched yet there is a drop down menu next to Print postage label.   Chose the refund option and refund the difference in postage cost.  You can add a message there too if you want.  If you have marked the items as despatched then just choose the refund option and refund the difference in postage costs.  You will see that the refund is split into two parts.  Some to you in refund of your PayPal fee and some to your buyer.  Your buyer will get the full amount refunded and you will get your PayPal fees back in proportion to the amount refunded.

Hope this makes sense!

Login to Me Too

ukwildflower
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply.  Thats just what I wanted to know. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.