Refund

zachtrigg
New Community Member

Hi, i have recently gotten into a dispute about how apparently my item sold on ebay never got delivered to the buyer (i won't get hold up over how angry i am, as my tracking information says it has been delivered). Anyway, the man opened a case, and due to no funds being in my paypal, the refund caused a negative balance in my paypal account. However, 5 days later, eBay told me the refund had been issued to the buyer, and the funds will be taken out of my account in 10 days? I'm worried that i will be charged twice, as soon as i pay money into PayPal it will clear the negative balance i am aware, however in 10 days will the funds still be taken out? I'm very worried, please help!

-Zach

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi zachtrigg,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

When a claim is opened on a payment the money is placed on hold. It will no longer be in your available balance so it may appear as if your account has become negative. If the decision is made to refund the buyer the money that was previously on hold is used to do this. What this means is that no additional amount is taken and you would not become more negative.

I hope this clears things up.
Rachael

Login to Me Too

USofAllOfUsA
Contributor
Contributor
Don't count on it. That's exactly what ebay did to me. I had to leave town for a death in the family and my son was trying to take care of things but some things were just unavoidable. A sale went through but since I was not here, the buyer was refunded. My son transfered money to cover the negative balance then two weeks later ebay took the money again which came out of my bank account. Still trying to get this resolved.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.