Refund pending

WayneAvanson
Contributor
Contributor

I have a refund pending now for 7 days and since it's from someone who hasn't sent the good after I also paid via a PayPal invoice, I'm worried that the pending money hasn't been released by his bank either. (if I understand properly)

So currently I have a paid invoice for good which haven't been sent (I have confirmation from the help desk at ParcelForce) which is now in dispute, plus the refund from 7 days ago from him, which is now still pending. So my bankl account is down nearly a grand and I'm very worried.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WayneAvanson

Phew, well done, glad its worked out ok.    Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WayneAvanson

On the plus side it presumably has not cancelled either?

If the refund fails then you can file a dispute for non receipt of item.

Give it till Monday and see if its cleared by then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WayneAvanson
Contributor
Contributor

No it hasn't cancelled either. I guess I'm concerned that since I seem to have been scammed on the invoice which is in dispute, then the refund might be a scam somehow too. I don't know enough about this sort of thing, not having had trouble before.

One thing: since the refund is for the same item as the disputed paid invoice, will that affect a dispute on the refund?

Thanks for your help by the way.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WayneAvanson

Do you mean that you have already opened a dispute for non receipt of item and you paid for the item via an invoice..........bit confused here.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WayneAvanson
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. The original eBay deal was cancelled because he said he had a problem with eBay having sold a fair amount of stuff in the year but not haivng a business account. So sent me a refund (the one that's in pending) 

Then he invoiced me for the same item through Paypal whic I paid and that's not been sent and so is in dispute. so it's two problems for the same good from the same seller.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WayneAvanson

OMG why would you pay BEFORE you have the first refund back again?

Lets just hope the refund clears BUT as he has refunded you paypal may well think that you have been refunded and close the dispute.

If i were I would contact paypal direct for advice. >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WayneAvanson
Contributor
Contributor

OK will do. Thanks. I checked and it looked like the refund had gone through. That's why.

Login to Me Too

WayneAvanson
Contributor
Contributor

OK cool. Refund is deifinitely on its way and will be back in my account on tuesday, and the case that's open will proceed as they usually do i.e. no response from the seller means I get the money back. If the seller provides tracking information, (highly unlikely) then we'll see if the goods turn up.

Feel a lot better @kernowlass thanks for your time and knowledge. Much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WayneAvanson

Phew, well done, glad its worked out ok.    Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.