Refund ebay buyer for an item that sent already

Sweidans
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Im trying to find an answer here for scammed people, i have two cases for items in ebay, the buyers opened cases for undelivered items, were, the items didnt exceed 45 days and ive provided tracking numbers and the status they are in transit and one of them reached usps. 

Thebuyers asked ebay to solve the problem, and the cases were finished by refuniding the buyers were the tracking numbers shows that the items in transit. 

I cannot appeal, the items been deleted because of violated items, but i contacted thebuyers. 

What to do, if this is how ebay solve problems then they protecr scammers and thieves. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just because the item is still on the way under 45 days does not mean the buyer can't open a dispute.

I sell all over the world and most items get their within a week, 2 at the most.

So if its taken nearly 5 weeks and the item has still not arrived the i am not really surprised they have opened a dispute.

Did you send surface??

Once a buyer has filed a dispute then you have 10 days to provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item and if not then they get a refund. So as they have to wait about a week to open a dispute + the 10 days that gives you about 3 weeks to get the item to the buyer which should be plenty of time.

Hopefully if the item does eventually arrive then the buyer can re-pay you.

Oh and buyers now have up to 180 days to file a dispute for non receipt in the UK now. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.