Refund and Returns

RhiMay
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, I sold a pair of boots on eBay and after receiving them the buyer requested a return. And messaged me saying she's dissatisfied with the boots. However she is now saying she doesn't want to return them but is still complaining to me. What can I do? I've said that I will not offer a refund as for all I know she could be perfectly happy with time but just looking for a way to get her money back whilst keeping a free pair of boots
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RhiMay

Ask her what she does if she buys an item in town and wants a refund, does she ring the shop and get a refund or does she have to return the item first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course she has to return the item first so I would tell her to return it for a refund OR open a dispute and she will be told to return it to you before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AZCindy

Hi,

Ive run into this problem before. First, in your ad did you specify something like this: "Ask questions before bidding, all sales are final & no refunds?" You can also specify no refunds when creating the ad. Very important to put in the ad, otherwise scammers will try to scam you!

What I did in one case (even though I said no refunds) was told them they can send item back at their EXPENSE and item must be in same condition it was sent. I didnt hear back from them.

Cindy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.