Receiving Payment through Ebay

mkerr322
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have sold 2 items and both display a hourglass timer icon. Yet on clicking to see paypal transaction they are not appearing in payments received anywhere like funds being taken. Any clues? thanks 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then that is why it is not showing.

Can you add the other email address the one on ebay TO your paypal account as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account, if you can the funds may come with it.

If not come back for more options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mkerr322
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have added the email and confirmed it. Nothing seems to be appearing in paypal as of yet, although this is striaght after I confirmed the email. Perhaps it takes a little time for the funds to come through? 

Thanks for your conistant help on this

Login to Me Too

mkerr322
Contributor
Contributor

It also says the transction ID I use (when clicking view paypal transaction in ebay) is invalid. Not sure if this helps at all. Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Odd its not come through if you have managed to add that email address, my only thought is that because it would have been unclaimed with a cancel option at your buyers end then they may have cancelled the payment.

Can you contact them and see what it says next to the transaction in their paypal account ~>>

1. Unclaimed.

2. Unclaimed with a cancel option.

3. Completed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mkerr322
Contributor
Contributor

Unclaimed and cancel

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then tell them to just cancel it, but warn them it will be a few days before the funds return to their funding source.

Then if they want to continue with the sale you can request money by sending an invoice with your correct email address.

Do not go via ebay or the same thing will happen again as you can't change it on finished auctions.

Then next time you LIST an item for sale on ebay make sure you change that email address in the paypal box in the payments section DURING the listing process and check it everytime.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.