Receiving Payment through Ebay

mkerr322
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have sold 2 items and both display a hourglass timer icon. Yet on clicking to see paypal transaction they are not appearing in payments received anywhere like funds being taken. Any clues? thanks 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Think i know what the problem could be, can you do this for me >>>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mkerr322
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for the reply and the useful advise. I tried this and it has the same email as the one for my paypal. I contacted a buyer and they said it says the payment for the item is unclaimed. I'm unsure of how to proceed. Any further advise would be great. Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Unclaimed WITH or WITHOUT a cancel option next to it..............important difference to the advice i can give you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mkerr322
Contributor
Contributor

I am unsure I will have to await the buyers reply. Is there any way of checking of seeing the stage of paypals payment processing? I've sold items before and I can't remember having to claim anything. The latest item I sold appears to have the same problem, I was letting it sort itself out as I read it can take 21 days to process in paypal.

Login to Me Too

mkerr322
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I'm told it has a cancel button.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well that is very weird cus the answer to that one is in my first post.

Can you double check it again, even a misplaced dot will make the payment unclaimed >>>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mkerr322
Contributor
Contributor

Yes the addresses match 100%

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. Have you verified the email address?

2. Have you linked your ebay and paypal accounts?

This is from paypals help pages >>

The option to cancel the payment only appears if the payment was sent to an email address that was misspelt or is not registered with PayPal, preventing the payment from completing.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mkerr322
Contributor
Contributor

Hi the email registered on Ebay saus it ends in .co.uk and the other I can access when signing into yahoo is .com 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.