RE: Fraud

Loredana
Contributor
Contributor

I had a Galaxy Note 3 brand new.. and i put it on ebay to sell it, someone from Lithuania contacted me.. and he said he wants the phone, i said.. ok.. if i receive my payment ill send it to you, it was a bit strange because he told me to send it with the cheapest way possible, by air mail.. the "cache" was... that he supose to go to the post office and say that he didnt receive the "package"  and the post office will give him some kind of insurance, anyway.. i dont know this kind of thinks, but today i received prom paypal  a message sayind that i have to make a refund, because he didnt received the item, | dont belive that!!!!!! what can i do??? i do have the mails from him where he was saying about that post office scam,  Paypal will take the money from my bank account? can anyone help... with this? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

For seller protection a seller has to send an item trackable to prove delivery of the item to the buyer in the event of a dispute.

The only trouble is that international signed for does not always work in all countries.

So provide the tracking number and hope paypal finds in your favour but they may well not if you do not have online siggy proof of delivery.

Thats why i never send anything pricy overseas, i list pricy things UK only.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.