Query payment differences.

Puffin1234
Contributor
Contributor

HI, I sold something on eBay yesterday and I looked on my PayPal account to make sure the customers payment had gone through, it had, but the amount was 3.89 less than the automated invoice that I had sent to him. I thought that he had paid me the wrong amount. The poor man was mortified and worried that it looked as though he hadn't paid the right amount. This morning I had the automated email from PayPal to say that my customer had paid, and it was the correct amount. but when I go into my account it still says "MR .......has paid you £???? which still shows it £3.89 short.

Have my eBay fees been taken off at source? I usually pay any fees monthly by a PayPal automated payment method.

I can't understand why his payment shows up short. I haven't had this happen before.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Puffin1234

Its not your Ebay fee its your Paypal fee.

You Ebay fees are paid monthly and you are invoiced for those.

Your Paypal fee is deducted immediately and the remainder credited to your paypal balance.

You pay 3.4% + 20p per transaction and FEES are listed at the bottom of every paypal page.

You would have paid it for every selling transaction, maybe you just did not notice before?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Puffin1234
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your fast response.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Puffin1234

Your welcome !  Does come as a bit of a shock all these fees doesn't it.

Its why I have started selling locally ''with cash on collection'' on Facebook.   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.