Proof Of Postage

glenn1998
Contributor
Contributor

How do I upload proof of postage on PayPal so I can recieve my buyers pending payment to me,.

This is not throught EBAY.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@glenn1998

What part of ''paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the funds are showing in your paypal account'' did you not understand???

Did you send the item to Africa somewhere?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

glenn1998
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't posted it yet but the address is a UK one.

So What do I do here 

Login to Me Too

glenn1998
Contributor
Contributor

This a is a copy and paste of the email is recieved.

Dear Glenn Brooks,

You received a payment from Gary Davison. The money is pending and deposited in PayPal escrow account.The payment will not reflect in your account balance until we receive the proof of shipment from you for confirmation and, once shipment is confirmed, the money will be in your available balance within few minutes. This will help us continue to be a safer way to buy and sell.

How can I get my money sooner?
You should be able to get your money within few hours upon confirmation of shipment.

• Send the item to the buyer's postal address as displayed on this page.
  • Email us a proof of shipment such as  shipment confirmation code/receipt reference number, this is required for shipment verification in other to transfer the money to your account immediately. 
  • For items or services that cannot be physically delivered (for instance, digital goods like eBooks or smartphone apps), mark the order as Processed on the Transaction details page and provide any additional details requested.

Tip: The Tracking Number must be e-mailed through our Automated Verification ISLYou may contact PayPal customer service by Clicking Here or reply directly to this email by using the reply button in your Mail Box and Quote the below Transaction ID for quick recognition of this transaction.

Payment Details:

Amount (pending): £1,115.00 GBP
Transaction ID: O4TV44704NJ838813M

Send to address: 

Gary Davison
360 Staniforth Rd,
S9 3FU
South Yorkshire

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@glenn1998

Yep that is a scam.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

glenn1998
Contributor
Contributor

So what do I do know?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@glenn1998

Just email them and state that you have sought advice and until the funds are in your paypal account there is no sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

glenn1998
Contributor
Contributor

I have done.

What is Escrow?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@glenn1998

Paypal does not do escrow.

The only thing they do is make the funds pending in the sellers account for a while but the fund always SHOW in your paypal balance with pending next to it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Eastcoasterjane
Contributor
Contributor

I also just received correspondence from GARY DAVISON trying to get me to send him  an item on eBay, which he had asked to buy 'offline', at a good, but realistic price.  

He asked me to send a PayPal invoice, which I did and which he subsequently claimed to have paid. Right away he was telling me to check junk folders etc, even before I queried the payment.

Then a great long spiel came about PayPal pending accounts and shipping/tracking numbers etc, obviously cut-and-paste.  

Another clue was a slightly unusual use of grammar, and a postcode in the wrong line of the address for the UK.

Login to Me Too

stumuk
New Community Member

Similar spoof email from 'Robert Allen' using the email address sweetredcherry77 gmail

Relating to a gumtree purchase for an iMac the scam went like this - 

Asked me to send payment request, which I did.

Said he hadn't received it asked for my email to double check if he could find it in his account

Then said he found it in junk email

Then said he paid it and I should have received email from PayPal

Email was spoofed from service at paypal.com

I should have at that point just led him along but I don't have the time as he has already wasted so much of mine...

Here's an excerpt of the email in case it helps someone find this thread - 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Please process this order as soon as possible

Dear ******
You received a payment from Robert Allen. The money is pending and deposited in our PayPal escrow account. The payment will not reflect in your pending balance until we have received the proof of shipment from you as confirmation. Once shipment is confirmed, the money will become available in your account balance in 24-72 hours. This will help us continue to be a safer way to buy and sell.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It goes on some more .. 

Anyway folks - NEVER SEND GOODS UNLESS YOU CAN SEE THE FUNDS AVAILABLE IN YOUR ACCOUNT 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.